Friday, April 25, 2008

Meet'n'greet

It was time to introduce the other mares to baby. Sassy had been Gussie's pen-mate, so I brought her in first. Things went quite well.....


with only a minimum of attitude......
so I took Sassy out and brought Coyote Belle in. Different story! Gussie didn't want her too near her baby and let her know in no uncertain terms! She'd put the run on her for a few seconds, then go back to eating hay, until Belle got a little too close, then off they went again.

We still need some entries in the Name the Foal Contest! Only 2 days left! Here are the entries so far:

Isle Be Dun

Bar Be Midnight

Dawn To Midnight

Sabre Be Midnight

Islebabluequince

Mr Blu San

Imablusanbreeze

Islebeabreeznpeppysan

Breezn Peppy

BluPeppy

Peppy Magic

Isle B Peppy

Ima Blu Peppy

Isle Be Bailey

Bailey After midnight

Isle Be Breezin By

Isle Be Midnight Magic

Midnight Breeze

Isle Breeze By

Sabres At Dawn

Sabre Magic

Check my post Contest Time for pedigree information!

3 comments:

Callie said...

He is too cute, I like his color, hope he keeps it!

Shirley said...

Thanks Callie, and thanks for your name entries! I think he will end up being a roan, he has white hairs sprinkled on his hips, and when he gets wet there, he looks white underneath. I think he will shed out to blue roan like Gussie's granddaddy, Blueboy Quincy. Babies are not born roan, they show it as they shed out their baby hair. My friend at Prairie Ridge Performance Horses raises a lot of roans and she says they look "moldy" when you brush the hair back to look underneath.

Tom in Vegas said...

Those are beautiful horses! The newest addition (just a mere pup) looks sleek and at the same time baby-faced:)

I wish I could offer a name worthy of such a beautiful horse, but I just don't have the creativity necessary to submit one. Whichever you choose, I guarantee you I'll love!