
On Sunday we travelled to the Darwell Fair open horse show for Peppy's second outing; and once again there were only two in the class. He did place first again, but it would have been much better if there were more babies in the class. I think I will work on some of my friends and see if next year, we can all enter some of our colts and get a friendly rivalry going.
We had to go in the Grand and Reserve Champion class because of our first placing in the weanling class. I never did get him to stand square- he does it perfectly at home; go figure! All in all, it was a good exerience for him, what with trailering for an hour and a half each way both shows; he travelled really well. And he did fairly well with all the commotion of other horses, sights and sounds that were new, even being in the arena with a wagon team warming up. He wasn't too concerned about anything except keeping an eye on Gussie's whereabouts.
The nice thing about the Darwell fair was that they gave out prizes as well as ribbons; Peppy won himself a feed tub, stall salt block with holder, and a corner feeder for the horse trailer to go along with his ribbons. I won't be able to take him to the AQHA show in Red Deer that I was planning on, and that these shows were a warm up for, because I start a new job the day that would have been his class. Oh well, at least we got out, showed, and had fun! And Peppy learned new things and had lots of admirers.
7 comments:
That's nice of them to give out prizes, along with the ribbons.
Love the shot of Peppy checking out his winnings.
Way to go Peppy! Looking good!
Ribbons and prizes you can use a big plus!!!
Peppy keeps racking them up:0) Go Pep!
Thanks, Peppy fans! Tom that's funny that you say Go Pep, because his granddaddy's name is Got Pep!
Hey there ha ha about the grass I would be amused if I wasn't feeding all my winter hay now!!! Way to go Pep checking out the haul. Looks good
Nice looking colt!!! My favorite color (for QHs anyway).
Hi there
Saw your colt @ Darwell, what a handsome fellow. I trailered the WB cross that he was competing against.I showed there years ago. Seems to come and go with the #s in the classes.
Post a Comment