Monday, August 11, 2008

Preparing Peppy

Peppy is now officially entered in two shows- open shows hosted by local fairs. Today I trimmed his ear hairs- with scissors; he didn't mind that too much, I don't want to battle with him trying to clip them, though he is allowing me to clip his nose and bridle path. I am really looking forward to these shows; I'm so proud of this colt because he's so smart and does whatever I ask of him with minimal or no fuss. I can't wait to see how he handles the crowds and commotion of showing. I will try to make sure it is a positive experience for him. He loves attention (just like his daddy!) and is sure to get his share of it- he is quite eye catching. Hopefully he won't take the opportunity to practice airs above the ground!

3 comments:

kdwhorses said...

Good luck with Peppy cant wait to hear and see pics of how he does!

Beautiful pic in Sunday Silence!

Parades~I'm one of those who likes seeing the horses too! The little foal, how cute! And how interesting the walking haystacks. Cute idea!!!

Tom in Vegas said...

Don't forget to post pics of both events! I'd love to see Peppy participating in those shows.

Trapper Creek Daughter said...

He's a beautiful colt, can't wait to see more pictures of him!