Friday, August 29, 2008

R and R

Yesterday, I took Gussie on a two hour trail ride, through the ditches, across the highway and up a gravel road. We encountered traffic whizzing by on the highway, including big trucks and motorcycles, and on the gravel road a driver of a gravel truck kindly waited till we rode by before spreading his load. We crossed muddy, boggy ditches, and painted highway lines. I rode back through town, past barking dogs, and by the school yard, where we had to stop so three small children could pet her; she even put her head down real low for them. The whole ride was wonderful and relaxing, for both of us. Gussie was happy to get out and see new places, and wasn't bothered by anything. We even got to check out a field of black cows - I think Gussie wold have liked to go in there and play! When we got back, I moved her out of the pen I had her in to a field farther away from Peppy. He seems to be taking to weaning alright, although he did manage to get under the electric wire once, and test it again yesterday. He has buddied up to Coyote Belle, or is it the other way around? I think Belle is more upset about being separated from Gussie than Peppy is!

2 comments:

Trapper Creek Daughter said...

She is such a sweetheart! Love the picture, too!

Michele said...

wow, beautiful photo! worthy of a painting!