Dusty Devoe! Yup, that's right, Coyote Belle FINALLY foaled at 2:45 AM- we have a filly! It was a long labour, she couldn't get the head and shoulders out so after almost an hour, I decided to step in and help by holding traction on the legs, and then the head and shoulders came out; she stood up and out came little filly! Poor little thing, first thing that happens to her is getting plunked on the ground. It only took her a few minutes to stand up and motor around though, she is a determined rascal. I did have to get a halter on Coyote Belle so she would allow that first drink, but baby needed no help in that department, she was hungry! The light was really poor for my little camera, so no video yet, later today I will get better photos.
It's going to take her a couple of days to strengthen those back legs, and longer than that to figure out what colour she will be. Right now she looks brown, but most likely she'll be the same as her mom, kinda smokey brown/black. Not a lick of white on her!Dusty Devoe, please email me with your choice of the two prizes and a shipping address and I'll get that sent out today; congratulations on winning!
14 comments:
We have had 3 foals already arrive already...always the same anticipating and waiting. Congratulations!!! She sure is a pretty one. I love the solid colored ones and especially brown! Kristy
Congratulations to Coyote Belle, you Shirley and of course Dusty Devoe!
Looks like a very nice baby!
Names?
AWESOME... I KNEW it was a filly and that's all I knew hehehe She's darn CUTE!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!
Still nothing here..
Tara
WOW! I won!!! I'm so glad momma and filly are doing great. She is a beautiful girl! I'll email you. Thank you!
Congratulations on the healthy baby girl!
WOW! I won! I am excited! A little filly. She is gorgeous! Can't wait to find out what you name her. Loooking foward to seeing more pictures of her. Glad mom and baby are healthy! I tried emailing you. Did you get it? It didn't show it went through and I'm kinda of stuck. Can you email me?! Thank you for a fun contest!!!
Congratulations! What a gorgeous baby!
very glad to hear you have a new filly:) congratulations to coyote bell:) she is sure to be as cute as her mom is:)
Aw, she's so cute! I just love see all of the foals being born out there! Can't wait to see more pictures and video!
Congrats! She is a nice filly! Makes me wish our other mare would hurry up and foal. I'm hoping for a palomino roan. Looking forward to more pictures and video as she grows.
Congrats! What a beautiful little girl! So darn cute.
Congratulations on your darling little filly!!
Congrats to Dusty!
And Congrats to YOU! Don't you just love the little babies??
(Bet Momma was glad to have a little bit of help too)
Post a Comment