It was such a beautiful day yesterday, warm and sunny. It was time for first turnout for mom and baby. I have a small area to use that is good for limited turnout, which is what Sparkle requires until her hind legs get stronger. She really enjoyed all the sights and sounds, and was trying to munch on hay, checked out the salt block, and performed a little.
All of which is tiring,
( photo credit WJ )but not for long, as there are so many things a girl has to check out!
(She has Beamer's eyes!) Of course, she was closely supervised by Coyote Belle, who won't let her out of her sight.
When I could finally tear myself away, I saddled up Beamer and went for a ride, attended as usual by my faithful shadows, Reba and Tess.
(photo credit WJ)
We may not have flowers yet, but we do have pussy willows still. And I had the opportunity to practice opening gates with Beamer.

(photo credit WJ)
I backed him through this one; he wasn't too happy about that! But he was happy to get out of his pen, which is still muddy. He spotted Sparkle when I had them turned out, and raised a ruckus; I reckon he knows breeding season is about here!
6 comments:
Thanks Shirley , what a beautiful site to see ! the foal is looking great ( after yesterday ,just what I needed!)
Awww, what a sweet baby. My neighbor's foal is do in less than 2 months....and I just can't get enough of looking at foals now. hehe
Good job on the gate with Beamer. I don't like going backwards out of gates either. :D
~Lisa
Congrats on the foal! She is a beauty! Such a sweet face!
Beamer is looking great as always! Gate work is one thing I have to work with Willis on. He just isn't getting it! And backing through, he hates! Patience and practice we will get it!
Great post, looks like ya'll had fun. Its going to be a blast watching the lil' one grow up..:-)
What a cutie pie Sparkle is!!!
And there still is some snow on your grounds! Yuk! But Pussy Willows? I love them!!!
(...gotta read on and see who won! Obviously it wasn't me as my chosen day hasn't arrived yet!)
Great shots. Put a smile on my face as soon as that first picture pops up.
Post a Comment