I've been driving past this barn for years, and one day finally stopped to snap a couple of photos of it. It's on land that has been bought up by a huge coal mine, so there will come a day when it will be torn down or burned. Old barns light up my imagination of all the activity around themm in their heyday, filling the mow with sweet smelling hay, the teams of draft horses stalled inside, or maybe calves born in them on a cold night.
7 comments:
What a beautiful old barn.
I've been driving past this barn for years, and one day finally stopped to snap a couple of photos of it. It's on land that has been bought up by a huge coal mine, so there will come a day when it will be torn down or burned. Old barns light up my imagination of all the activity around themm in their heyday, filling the mow with sweet smelling hay, the teams of draft horses stalled inside, or maybe calves born in them on a cold night.
I really loved this picture. You're correct, it really gets the imagination going.
Cool picture it is unfortunate that the land was purchased by a future mine site.
that is a cool barn. I like old abandoned buildings.
That is a great old barn........or was in it's day. I'd like to see the inside.
Very nice, have we done a Barn Sunday Stills challenge yet?
Post a Comment