Saturday, July 28, 2012

Rio

I figured it's about time I did a post on Rio, poor guy hasn't had much face time with Nitro hogging all the attention.
Yeah...what's with that?
Look at that lovely  golden brown! That's one thing about these dilute horses,  they change colour a  lot. 
What am I, chopped liver?

Little brothers are brats.
Actually, they are both good  boys. Rio's war wounds are almost all healed, here  is his left front: (barbwire)


and his right front: (gate mishap)
While they aren't pretty, over time they will all but disappear. Today I'm trimming him, that is if the flies will leave us alone- I might have to get some Off, with lots of Deet.
Bugs're drivin' me crazy- I'm hiding out in my stall!

8 comments:

Janice said...

Yay Rio pics. He is sure growing and into a handsome fellow...not that he hasn't always been. His mishap wounds are healing nicely.

cheyenne jones said...

Truly a beautiful horse!

Michele said...

handsome guy! flies will be gone soon. fall is approaching:D

Crystal said...

His wounds are looking good, as is he. My Razz is a dilute and so brown all summer and very black in winter (more than lots of real black horses)

Dreaming said...

He is beautiful!

Nikker said...

He is a handsome boy for sure!!

aurora said...

Gosh Rio is getting big! Fun having horses that change colors, and he's such a handsome one!

Linda said...

He is a handsome boy, that's for sure. My horses are also running for cover half of the time. I love summer, but the bugs are a pain.