Today's challenge is to use Macro for our shots; I must confess I had a little difficulty with the macro on my new pocket camera, I couldn't get as close as I could with the Olympus.
All the flower shots turned out blurry, bummer because I wanted to show that I still have a few blooms into November, mostly hardy pansies.
Here is an example of my frustration- it looked in the viewfinder that the tree trunk was in perfect Macro focus, but apparently the camera was focusing on the distance- very annoying and totally opposite of the effect I was trying to create. Oh well, keep trying!
17 comments:
I've had issues like that too, where the camera has focussed on totally the wrong thing. Very frustrating.
I love the photo of your dog in the leaves from your last post :)
Shirley it was a learning experience for me too! That is why I love Sunday Stills!! Instead of me just sticking something up that I want to Sunday Stills forces me out of my comfort zone. I will be doing some work on macros now.. :) Your Maple? leaf is sweet and tack sharp and I like the texture of the boards. Love the line of trees and the mossy green and yellow trunk.
The last one is great, but the first is nice too!
Beautiful shots... and I understand the frustration of the autofocus. I have a number of shots where the camera thought it knew what I wanted to focus on.
Your Maple leaf is really pretty! Love its spots of green.. I have the same frustration with my new camera..practice..practice:)
Love the tree truck shot, great compositin. Pretty yellow Maple leaf as well. Oooooh Canada in Yellow!!! :)
Excellent shot! That first one would be prefect for the next challenge too..;-)
I too have the same problem with it focusing on the background, but seems if I get real close and use no zoom I have better luck but its kinda trail and error practicing.
I've had the same problem many times. But you know what - I really like the end result in this photo anyway!!
Oh I still like the blur. I have that problem too. Great shots. B
Love the first shot! Photography is so fun (and yes, frustrating at times) there is always more to learn!
Even if it wasn't what you were after, that second photo turned out awesome. Both pics are really nice.
... pst. I'll tell you a secret word ... tripod. (and don't get the cheap ones. Spend at least about $80. You will NEVER regret it)
Love the photo of the fall leaf against the blue paint on wood. Maybe the second photo wasn't what you were after, but it is very effective. Like the sharpness of the distant trees and how my eye is drawn to the background.
Beautiful, love the green marks on the leaf.
Okay, the real secret? If your owner's manual isn't great - they frequently aren't - look for a Dummies book (or something similar) for your particular camera.
You are looking for "focal lock" or something worded similarly. So what you will be able to do is focus on the close up tree and (probably) hold the button halfway down and then move the camera over to include the further away trees and fully depress the shutter and get the shot you want. Might also be a situation where you can go between a left, middle or right focus "square" in your view finder. The green, yellow and purple in the front tree will make a beautiful pic. Try it again :-).
:) i think you still managed to get the best out of it. Amazing yellow (u could'v keep it for next week challenge)
loved the doggy pic below too....those fall colors are always superb
Post a Comment