I woke up during the eclipse and tried to get a photo, but I just couldn't get my camera to cooperate. I even had everything all set up; the settings I wanted, fresh battery- everything. But there was a haze over the moon, it was very dim and I think the camera couldn't focus, and it doesn't want to release the shutter if the focus doesn't work. Oh well, at least I got to see it! Earlier in the evening, I took this photo of the moonrise.
On Sunday I headed to town to deliver Pip, the last of the female pups, to her new owner, my friend Carol.
She travelled well, and as I let her out of the truck there were people already waiting to pet her, as Janice was there with Pip's big sister Kali, and another lady and her son were waiting to see the pup. Everybody loves a puppy!
Here is Pip with her big sister- looks like Kali thought there was entirely too much attention being paid to a mere pup, and that SHE was much more deserving of the attention!
So only one more pup to go, Roper will be leaving for Alberta tomorrow. Then it will be time to get to work on training Amber, I need to crate train and house break her, as she has been living in the Canine Hilton (dog run with a nice big shed) for the last 3 weeks.
The young horses are still reacting to the spring grass with swelling in their salivary glands (aka grass glands- google it if you want more info) so are getting very limited turn out. I have been unable to work them for the last few days but should be able to get back in the swing of things today. Beamer is unaffected by the grass, so he gets longer turnout.
It is truly spring here, Ted had the lawn mower out, but it quit on him so he needs to tune it up before cutting the lawn- something to do with the fuel lines and or filter. Most of my perennials are up, and I have the first flowers blooming in my flower beds- these precious little violets.
Another sure sign of spring- I have started buying plants to stuff my flower containers! I just can't wait!!!!
Of course the other side of the coin is all the clean up that needs to be done, branches al over the lawn from all the high winds we had this winter, a few more weeds to pull in the garden before it can be rototilled, scoop up the yard cigars (courtesy of the dogs), and my least favorite thing, wash the windows.
I think I'll hire someone....
9 comments:
How nice that your pups are going to friends, you'll still get to see hear about them! WI is trying to do Spring, but we are back to cold & waking up to light snow cover - but at least it doesn't stick! Hope your horses get acclimated to the grass sooner then later.
It was too hazy for moon shots here too. We just sorted a bunch of pairs out and I noticed that the crested wheat is greening up and when I got home I toured through the yard and my iris and sedum are starting to show signs of life.
Always a pleasure to see your pups, Beamer 'n Blooms! LOL.
I saw the eclipse here, but it was a little hazy and it wasn't red!
Spring is springing here too!
Hubby puts that Sta-bil gas stuff in anything that sits longer then 30 days. The fuel they make nowadays will corrode points and carburetor parts. It seems to work.
Yard cigars! LOL! I refer to them as sausage seeds! They seem to multiply! LOL!
Cheri
Oh yes hire someone for sure:) Hug B
All the good things at once, love the moon shot, I did'nt even come close to getting a pic. It rained all night where I was at and then yesterday it snowed..yeeeech! ;-)
Sounds like things are progressing! We had a peek into spring, then mother nature decided to bring back a short period of winter. We got a dusting of snow and back down in the 20's last night!
yes hire someone! and then send them here !LOL I am not good with windows at all. Love the little violets!
I hate windows too. I got a couple half way decent shots of the moon...I had to use manual focus..and I had high clouds..Oct 8 in the next one! It was exciting to see! Looks like spring at your place:)
Post a Comment