Amber has been taking up a lot of my time. I'm trying to house break her, even if "house" just means the dog room and the deck, so I have been spending a lot of time trying to figure out her potty schedule. Who knew puppies had to pee and poo so often!
Looks like her eyes will be green
Tess is really good with her, she does discipline her when Amber gets too rambunctious but also plays with her, whereas Reba avoids her. She is a very busy dog with a strong work instinct, and I do have lessons lined up for her when she is old enough. Getting her to relax is tough!
This is a rare sight!
I trimmed Josie's feet the other day, she was so good, just stood quietly ground tied while I knelt on the ground beside her to trim her, and considering that I took over an hour, she did awesome. I only had to reposition her a couple of times on her last foot, the right hind.
She is such a lovely filly....
I am totally smitten with her!
Spring deworming is all done, I still have to trim Beamer, and it's time to start doing some trail riding. Shayla is considering leasing Rio out to someone who needs a horse to ride while she is in California- I don't think I will be able to ride him as much as he needs, so if anyone is interested, let us know.
11 comments:
Wow that is a stunning photo of Josie!! I am thinking you have entered a red phase:0 Amber's eyes are going to be beautiful...one looks more green than the other...pee, poo and grow:)
Do you use a specific command to tell your dogs to go potty?
I am raising a guide dog puppy-in-training at the moment and while having to teach her to "get busy" meant more work it has also made my life a lot easier. We have had the occasional accident, but all in all, it has made it much easier to housebreak her. Even if it feels really weird to be standing in the yard at 2 AM repeating "get busy, Jazlyn. Get busy".,
Good luck with your new pup, she sure is a beauty.
Amber is a lovely pup! Hope the potty training pays off soon. Skeeter was a little slow to get a handle on it but once he figured it out he was great
Those pups are growing up fast and that pic of Josie is stunning..:-)
Oh I am smitten too what an amazing shot. Your photography is the best. Puppies oh yeah I remember good luck. Hug B
I am thinking that you have been busy enough without cutting the grass! I love the idea of putting the horses on it. My guys loved a yard day now and then. Yeah... I'd have to clean up a bit after them, but I always hate seeing all of that good green stuff go to waste!
Love the photos of pups and horses. Beautiful!
Water Girl- almost the same as you, I say "do your business" just as I think she needs to go, and praise her when she is doing it and afterwards.
Ed, this isn't one of the pups I raised, I bought this one.
Lotsa business going on at your place! Josie looks so grown up in that last shot, it's a nice one.
Wow, Josie just glows in the photos you take of her.
LOL...I haven't had a puppy in so long...Well, except for Megan's pup last winter, but I just got to play 'me-maw', I refused to be responsible for the potty-training part. Hahaha
Josie is so photographic! She is a beauty! Just like her dad :) dog with green eyes is going to be a really pretty girl!
That Josie is gorgeous!
Post a Comment