Wednesday, October 8, 2014

More better and loping- Day 27

Kai is definitely feeling better today, and he did much better in his groundwork lesson. It went well enough that he got saddled and ridden. I rode him a bit at the trot on the longe line, but my back is still really painful, so Shayla got on him.
I kept the long line on him at first, but he was good so we unclipped him and she rode solo. Here is his first lope under saddle.


Shayla will be taking over the training now, a month here before she goes to Alberta and he will travel there with her and get another month. That should give me a pretty good foundation that this ole cowgirl can work with. There is a lot going on around here in the winter- I have access to an indoor arena, and they have a winter series team sorting- might just have to do that! As well as just continuing his training.
Look at that nice give to the right, and that Shayla had just released the rein. Couldn't get that 2 days ago!
I got up in the middle of the night to photograph the eclipse. It was really tough to get a good clear shot at full eclipse, my camera could barely detect it enough to focus, and I was shooting through a light mist but here she is in all her red glory.

1 comment:

CDH said...

That Shayla is one handy horse woman to have around.
I couldn't drag my tired butt outta bed to see the eclipse. I saw pics on the news! Lol!
Cheri