Today, as I was trimming, the heifers in the next pen got the wind up, as the landlord was doing something in the next pen that involved a bunch of yelling. I was underneath Clancy, trimming her hind feet, when she snorted- Josie was snorting and blowing so I watched for a bit. When the heifers came roaring up to the fence Josie ran right up to them (gonna be a good cowhorse someday). I grabbed my little camera for a video but it was a little late.
As you can see in the video, we are into the muddy season here. I can't get the tractor into the pens for cleanup until it dries out a bunch- this is the worst time of the year; mud season- and it's early this year.
Now that all the horse feet are done, I hope we get some good weather next week. I really want to haul to the local indoor and put some time in on Clancy.
I googled the meaning of her name yesterday just for fun- and I like it- it means "red warrior" . Pretty cool!
It was a good week for doing feet, pretty dull weather. This is what it has been like the last few days:
8 comments:
I love googling the meaning of names...especially when I'm naming somebody😉 It's mud season here again today but I'm sure winter will come back one of these days.
Missy also came to me with severely contracted heels - she was in shoes that were too small and she had been trimmed to have stacked heels - she looked like she was walking on Coke cans. She's been out of shes for over a year now and they're still contracted, but a lot better than they were. She needs to grow a better foot, but it's hard to do that when we can't really exercise much due to her hock fusing. But she's sound and has good, hard hoof horn and a pretty deep foot - better that than too flat.
Love the meaning of Clancy - very suitable.
We're in deep winter here, and too cold (at least for me) to ride much.
Red warrior. That is perfect. You're a couple weeks behind us on the mud. It was pretty rough around here for a while and we're not completely out of it yet. I'm getting 140 tons of sand delivered today for valentine's. :)
Yeah, its pretty overcast here too. Can't wait til we get some nice hoking weather.
err, hiking. sorry.
I love snorting...as long as I ain't on 'em ;-D.
That is one thing I wish I had access to and that is an indoor arena. I don't like to ride much in the winter, but I would ride a lot more if I could do it indoors. We do from mud to ice like nothing this winter.
Wow, the only time I would see light like that here is before the sun comes up. :)
Post a Comment