I realised that Tess is beyond puppy bearing age, as I have had her bred 3 times since her last litter, and she didn't catch. She will be 10 in October this year. I figure she has one more year of being able to keep up when I go riding, and I really wanted a pup of hers to learn from her and then when Tess has to start staying home, I'd have another dog ready.
So while I wasn't really starting to look yet, I happened across some photos that Linda put on Facebook of a litter close to where she lives; she was ready for a new dog and did this post on the pup she chose. For me, the timing was perfect so yes, I'm getting one of her litter mates.
This is Thea, which means Gift of God- fitting, because it all fell in place like it was planned.
Apparently, her mama has the same temperament as my Tess dog, and after watching some of the puppy videos, this one seemed the closest to what I'm looking for.
I'm heading over to pick her up when she is 8 weeks old, on the first weekend in March.
Happy dance!

8 comments:
Congratulations! You're making my own puppy fever kick into gear!!
Congratulations! You're making my own puppy fever kick into gear!!
It's going to be fun....I got my crate ready, bought puppy food, found my dog dishes and can hardly wait. I was planning on going over today but this snow dump has everyone hustling...maybe the first of the week I'll go get more progress photos.
I am thrilled for you! It will be so much fun to watch Thea grow! I am envious!! :)
Linda- I hope the weather is good the first weekend of March!
Congrats on the newest addition to your family!!
Oh let me know when you come, I will meet up with you :)
Just look at that little sweet face! Thea is such a pretty name!:)
Post a Comment