Gorgeous sunny day today- I wanted to ride Clancy, but I noticed she is in heat, so I"ll wait a couple of days. I worked Josie instead.
My round pen is in pretty good shape now, so after brushing all the mud off Josie we headed over that way. Got just about there and Josie spotted a cow coming out from behind a bale feeder and went into full alert- she was really feeling good and doing some dancing on the end of the lead line; it has been far too long since she got out of her pen and put to work!
I worked only on getting her to focus on me and work- move your hip over, move your front end across, move your hip, move your front.... etc.... I didn't expect too much from her for her first day back to work. Once we got to the point where she softened and quit worrying about why the tipped over granary was rocking from side to side (the bull calves were rubbing on it) I turned her loose, thinking she might want to play a little, but no.
I did get her to move out some more and had a little fun turning her back along the fence as if she was cutting. That filly has moves! I did take a little video, but it really only shows one of her great moves.
She is super athletic.
After play time, I took her along the fence and worked on getting her in position for mounting from the fence. She stood nice and quiet, and I stuck a leg over her- never mind my stylish boots!
I was standing on the fence, and put my leg over her a few times- she didn't move at all, so I slid over enough to put my weight on her back, still keeping a leg on the fence.
Yay! As soon as I get someone to help me I'll start getting on her bareback on a lead line, and then it won't be long before I'll be riding her in the round pen. Taking it slow and easy.
6 comments:
I like the close up of her nose. Its cute! She sure can run!
Very nice looking horse, and great moves!
She is such a nice filly. Just love the way she uses her hocks and is so free in the front. :-)
She sure is nice
Love the nose, she is a looker for sure:)
She is built perfect! ! I love her look. That'll be fun to ride her bareback. Looks like she's ready to go.
Post a Comment