As you can see, there is still ice and mud in the horse pens, but it's rapidly melting. There are only bits of snow in the yard now, but anywhere its been packed down there is ice. Like all the border collie trails....
Josie is sure maturing, she looks great. Sill 1/4 inch under 14.2 hh. but starting to fill out. Love her mane.
I spent the rest of the afternoon baking bread, then scooping the yard cigars that are appearing now that the snow is melting. Come evening chore time, I grabbed my camera for one of the prettiest sunsets we've had all winter. Of course it always looks better with a pair of horse ears to set it off.
I think I took 15 photos of the sunset, here's one where there is a reflection in the water in the mare's pen.
Hope you all had a great day too!
Just for fun, I did a sunset puzzle. I'm sure this doesn't work well on phones but if you have a good ipad or if you use a desktop \computer they are fun.

13 comments:
All the pretty warm colours, both horses AND sunsets. Those bright girls must really warm you up on a cold, grey day. :)
Thanks for your wonderful photos and words - very cheering! Still very cold here . . .
The horses are shedding here, if you can believe it. Nothing says sprung like that. I love your photos. You can tell we live somewhat close, we often have simolar weather. :)
yard cigars? :D hee hee! that's a funny way to call it :D
I went puppy visiting today and Heather was taking a couple horses up top to ride...the snow is pretty much gone there but we still have a skating rink in the yard here. Love the sunset.
Beautiful sunset! Yard cigars...the snow is getting deeper and a certain BC doesn't like a cold butt so we will have some too ...in time:)
64 minutes while I listened to TV:)
Such pretty sunsets (specially with ears :) )
And ya been warm here, was 17 down by Fort Macleod I cant believe it, not as warm as home but still melting like crazy, feels like spring is coming !
Far Side- you're quick! 165.50 for me!
80% but have to stop. I should get back to work. Thanks of the break. I love puzzles. It's a beautiful picture.
2nd time. 65:27 That dark area was tough. I need eye drops. Have a great day.
Beautiful pictures! I can't wait to do your puzzle this evening :-D.
Jenny- that bottom part is what took me all the time! It was tough. Good brain exercise though, I had to look at the shapes of the pieces and not just the colour.
Post a Comment