Remember this mare, Pepsi? She and Beamer had a black tobiano colt last year.They liked him so much they want another one.
I am hoping that I have time tomorrow to haul Coulee to the outdoor arena, I think it would be good to do the ground work in a bigger area and if all goes well, I'll ride her. I think its time.
I thought Coulee was in heat, but apparently it was just a false alarm- because she is just coming in heat now. The other 2 mares are not in yet, but we tease them every day. Beamer is earning his keep! He is such a good boy.
Yeehaw! Girls!
I have some other news- it does look like we will be moving to a small acreage at some point in the not too distant future. It's bare land at the moment, and my sister and brother in law will be our landlords, so we get to set it up the way we want! We are pretty excited. They will let me set up the pens the way I need to, and I should be able to at least get the horses there before summer is over. Once the well and septic go in, they will build a small house or maybe move a mobile in temporarily. Yippee!
8 comments:
Yay to moving!! :D So happy for you and Ted!
No wonder Beamer is so happy, with all those pretty girls around! Did I miss the photo of the black tobiano colt? What a pretty place to call home! SO happy for your two & four legged family Shirley!! Will be so great to have it set up for your needs!
Very exciting news about the new property!
Oh wow how exciting for you to get a better place set up like you want that will be so nice!
Yeah for moving!! I know you have been looking forward to that for some time! I hope all goes well!!
So Coulee is in heat now...does a false heat cause them to be more cranky...?? I was just wondering if her hormones are amuck. Be careful when you ride:)
Yes Far Side, I do think she has hormonal issues. If I wasn't breeding her I would put her on a mare supplement, but I think a Coulee/Beamer foal is going to be pretty exceptional. Beamer is 15 this year, so I don't want to wait too much longer to get some good fillies from him. Belle throws mostly colts... maybe a filly from Coulee?
Oh that would be awesome for you!!!
wonderful news!
Post a Comment