Thea has really strong working instinct. It is hard to balance keeping her out of trouble with not wanting to stifle her natural inclination to work.
Most of the time I can quietly call her off- but sometimes she gets in trouble for not listening to me.
When the cows come up to the fence her hackles go up and she barks at the, going up and down the fence. Then it's really hard to get her to come back to me; I have to use my growl voice.
Overall I'm really happy with her; she is a people lover and it's a work in progress to get her to not jump on people. Fortunately most of the people who come here get it and don't pet her when she jumps up.
She loves to play ball and is always stealing the ball from Tess; her nickname is Thiefa.
Tess has been a really good role model for Thea. Tess stays on the deck even though there is a place that they could easily jump down and off, Thea doesn't because Tess doesn't, so I can safely leave all the dogs on the deck when I go to work. That way they do double duty as guard dogs.
3 comments:
Always working, good thing she likes her "job" on the porch while you are gone:)
Looks like Thea fits in great, smart girl learning from all her teachers!
Mia has horrible social skills...especially with kids but she isn't a big barker. Her worst thing is that she hates the cats and would like to chase them. Probably a good thing that Notshy had them trained not to run and they stand their ground.
Post a Comment