Monday, June 20, 2016

What we found with body work

Last night's body work session proved quite interesting. Dustin Hewett adjusted her poll, several ribs on both sides, relieved some tightness in her sacral area with stretches of her hind legs, and the most interesting part was her jaw area. Specifically, he said where her tongue connects was out of alignment on one side and it was putting pressure on her pituitary gland, which controls a lot of things including hormonal balance. After he adjusted her there by pulling her tongue out to the side and having her work her jaw, she released for about 5 minutes, yawning and licking and dropping her head low and relaxed.
I bet that feels much better!
I asked him about her mental/emotional state and he said that she is very guarded, not willing to let anyone in. Past issues? Most likely. We found an oil that she wanted- Angelica. I thought maybe Release but that was a definite NO! Here is what my book says about Angelica: Known as the "holy spirit" oil or the "oil of Angels" by the Europeans, angelica's healing powers were so strong that it was believed to be of divine origin.
It's uses include throat/lung infections, indigestion, menstrual problems/PMS and symptoms of dementia. It's fragrant influence assists in the release of pent up negative feelings and restores memories to the point of origin before the trauma or anger was experienced.
Very interesting that this is the oil she wanted!!! I sure hope it helps her get over what troubles her. He said to apply it 3 times a week on her neck about 4 inches behind her ears.
It is going to be very interesting to see how she does when I work her today. Can't wait!

11 comments:

thecrazysheeplady said...

Interesting!

Linda said...

Wow, that's pretty cool. I can't wait to see if it works. I think I might need some!!

WendyFromNY said...

This is soooo interesting! I too, can't wait to see if it works!

Far Side of Fifty said...

It will be interesting to see what she does now:)

CDH said...

Very interesting. I've been working with a green horse I just got. Only worked cattle in a feed lot. No trust or ground teachings. Had a bolting issue! Dumped hubby on the ground! Put him in the hospital for 8 days! Had the chiro out. He's much much better and I'm venturing out in the great wide open with him. Which is kinda scary for him.
Good luck with Coulee. As you know, it takes a long time to grow an old friend. 😀

aurora said...

Aww, poor girl! She may not have ever been given a chance/know any different. The body worker sounds wonderfully savvy, and experienced. Great (and interesting) findings!!

Anonymous said...

Expect she'll really benefit from all of that. Now perhaps her real personality can emerge - many mares that act like the word that rhymes with witch have good reasons for doing so!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

very interesting, I see I have some catching up to do!

cdncowgirl said...

What book(s) do you recommend for someone learning about using essential oils, especially with horses?

Interesting that that oil was her pick :)

Shirley said...

Lisa The book I use is Essential Oils Desk Reference Vol. 6, the oils they refer to in it are Young Living oils. There are some Facebook pages that are specific to using oils on horses and other animals, I'll message you the links.

T.L. Merrybard said...

Fascinating stuff!