Although I didn't ride or officially work Rosalee today (had a sleepless night so not fit to concentrate on working her) I did nonetheless have an interesting day with her. This morning after doing chores, I was hanging around the mares and watching Belle's belly for any sign of baby movement. Rosalee came up behind me and hung her head over my shoulder, just chillin' with me. Then I went for a walk to check on the grass coming up, and danged if she didn't come with me, step for step. She stopped when I did, turned with me, and even backed up when I stepped backwards, all this at liberty. Of course, I had to test how connected we were so did a few serpentines and hunches turns and extra stops and back ups- she stayed right with me.
Up to her usual tricks with the water hose, she loves to play with it!
This evening, she came again and hung out with me. I sure like this mare, and I guess the feeling is mutual!
5 comments:
That's so cool when they do stuff like that on thier own, Dinero was like that, he loved people and would walk in the field as I walked down the road just to be by me
What a fun horse! Makes it all worth it to have one that really enjoys your company!
Awww, melts my heart when horses love their humans!!
She sounds like the perfect horse. I am excited that you will have two foals this summer!!
So lovely when they like you as much as you like them. :)
Post a Comment