Friday, March 10, 2017

Reba Lou

Today, it was time. I had been holding off, hoping that she would go peacefully in her sleep, but her nights became full of stress and cries, so it was time.
Goodbye to one of the best dogs I have been blessed with.

13 comments:

IanH said...

Sorry to hear it. It's a difficult and tough decision, but better in the long run.

luvmyhrs said...

I am very sorry for your loss Shirley. She was a wonderful dog and lived many wonderful happy years with you and Ted, she will never be forgotten and forever loved.

Prairie Ridge Performance Horses said...

My heart is breaking for you. I loved that ol dog as much as my Jess.

Janice said...

I said it wasn't going to make me cry...it did. She was a marvelous dog. I'm so thankful I have some of her offspring. I will think of her every time I see Sage with a blade of grass or a weed hanging out the side of her mouth.

cdncowgirl said...

I'm so sorry Shirley, losing a good dog is a darn tough heartbreak.

aurora said...

What a beautiful tribute for your special girl!! I was all good, until the end...saying good bye is damn hard. SO much love in all those treasured years, sending you a hug!!

Linda said...

Oh my goodness, what a beautiful tribute to a beautiful girl!! She lived such a long and full life and was obviously showered with love!! I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye to her.

Kurious Kim said...

I knew this would happen one day, but it's always hard to hear the news. I'll always remember Reba Lou resting her head on laps, herding everything including the other dogs, and the infamous piece of straw/grass/twig in her mouth. My condolences to you and Ted.

Crystal said...

Oh she was a good one, won't be the same without her around.

WendyFromNY said...

So very sorry for your loss. Your beautiful tribute had me sobbing for all the beloved pets I too have had to say goodbye to. Hold on to the love she had for you and you had for her. Godspeed dear Reba.

T.L. Merrybard said...

I'm so sorry. They really do take a piece of your heart when they go. I always want mine to go in their sleep too, but not one has yet, and really, to wake up and find them gone would be awful too because you would not have been beside them to lovingly be with them as they pass over. I'm glad you were brave for her. Run free Reba!

Far Side of Fifty said...

So long sweet Reba! I am so sorry Shirley, it is never easy, but we have to do our best for our best friends. Your slide show was wonderful, a beautiful tribute to a special Border Collie:)

thecrazysheeplady said...

I am so, so sorry :'-(. {{{hug}}}