Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Spring cleaning

Even though we are still getting rain- it is dry enough in the horse pens that Ted could get in there and pile up the pooh. (Happy dance!)

Even the horses were doing a happy dance!

Rosalee is such a character; she has to check out everything and will often come and stand beside me and hang her head over my shoulder as if to check out what I am looking at. She had to check out Ted on the tractor too.
Apparently he passed inspection, because she headed right over to the pooh pile and gave it the torture test!


I foresee many baths in her future! There is no way this is a dainty diva of a horse!
Oh how I love a clean pen! We had another couple of supervisors too- and Thea is learning that when I tell her to stay in the truck, she isn't allowed to bail out. She did once, got corrected, and then stayed like a good dog even when the horses were ripping around.
Of course, Tess sets a good example!
I've been trimming horse feet getting them ready for riding. Beamer and Rosalee are done. and Coulee and Belle have fronts done. Only 8 more feet to go! I hurt my back about a week ago and can't do as much as I'd like to. I'm really getting spring fever, especially with the grass all showing now and buds starting to come on the trees. We still have slide issues though- here is this morning's mess.

I keep expecting the whole hillside to come down, so it doesn't make for a good sleep at night!

7 comments:

Linda said...

No, it doesn't make for good sleep! Rosalee is a crazy horse walking through a manure pile like that!! That is classic pig pen!!

Crystal said...

Ha Rosalee is a character lol hope she likes baths....my biggest reason I dont want a pally.
Nice to get the pens cleaned we were just thinking it might be dry enough here to get that done soon too.

Shirley said...

I have never ever wanted a palomino. The colour just never appealed to me- but a good horse is never a bad colour.

Unknown said...

I need to do some spring cleaning SO BAD.

aurora said...

Our horses always loved "helping" us do chores in their pasture too. Makes for some good grins. Growing up I always wanted a palomino, until I realized color doesn't make the horse. Rosalee is quite a character, I think you struck gold in more then one way!!

T.L. Merrybard said...

Yikes for the cliff! And Rosalee, what a grub you are. :D

Far Side of Fifty said...

The mud and the hill would make me uneasy too...we are flatlanders! What a good girl Miss Thea is!!! :)