Monday, December 31, 2018

Adios, 2018!

The best thing about goals is exceeding them! Managed another ride today. This time I went into the neighbour's grazing lease, the cows are gone and I had to do battle with a tight stretch gate to get in there but it was worth it.


I rode down to the end to check on the walk through gate, it had been behind a wall of mud a couple of years ago but it looks like the mud has dried hard and I'll be able to get through it come spring- or maybe even this winter depending on the footing, it's a bit icy now.
 On the way back I wanted to see if Gussie liked rosehips; I read that they are good for horses.


 She sure 'nuff liked them! I'll have to pick a bunch in the fall before they freeze.

They are plentiful! But really big thorns on those bushes.

When I got home I had Ted take our picture- now, I am not a fan of seeing myself in photos but I sure do like to see my horses, and I thought this one of Gussie was pretty cute.


So that's it for the year! Now it's time to go do chores and then attend the bonfire the guys are firing up, and roast some hotdogs and salute the year end with a glass of wine!
Happy New Year everyone, and thanks for following along on my equine journey!

Riding day 101

7 comments:

M said...

Happy New year to you as well. God bless you!

Linda said...

Happy New Year, and what a year it has been for us both!!

Linda said...

PS. I love the picture! You look great, and so does Gussie. 😀

aurora said...

Happy New Year!! Great photo of you & Gussie, all co-ordinated. Looks like she doesn't care for her photo being taken either, with her tongue sticking out lol. Interesting about the Rosehips. I am always learning something new from you!

Crystal said...

Happy New Year, glad you re out and riding :)

gtyyup said...

Congrats on 100 rides!!! I know I didn't do 100 rides...but I think it's a reasonable goal...I think I'll try that this year! May you, Ted and all the critters have a very blessed year!

Far Side of Fifty said...

You and Gussie look great!