Sunshine! The clouds are gone, the rain is gone, the snow is gone and the frost has disappeared out of the now saturated ground. It feels like spring, even though the groundhog didn't see his shadow yesterday- and a cold, windy, rainy blustery day it was.
But today....
Much better! So I went to catch Moondance to take him for a walk and oh my want a muddy mess he was. I got him cleaned up as much as I could- he sure is hairy, and not shedding much yet, nor are the mares so maybe they know something we don't know as by now Belle is usually slipping lots of hair.
Yes he has a little mohawk at his withers!
Speaking of withers, look how hip high he is! In a major growth spurt. 13.3 at the hip and just over 13 hh at the wither- at 10 months old!
Anyway... maybe that isn't a mohawk, maybe it's a shark fin for his next adventure!
He had a little bite of the green grass that I swear has been growing all winter:
Hey! There's a cat laying in my food!




7 comments:
We had a huge dump of snow followed by torrential rain. The word of the day yesterday was 'squelch'.
Our weather frequently mirrors yours, but not this time. We are entering into an extended cold weather pattern full of advisories, kicking it off with snow and dreaded ice today. Meanwhile, you have grass growing. Lucky you!! Cute mohawk. I got a chuckle when Moondance mouthed his lead on the video. He did good with his puddle training.
Aurora- good thing you got Cierra hauled before that weather hits!
TheresaA- we did squelching a few days ago, the rain was so heavy and the mud was bootsucking.
We haven’t had a winter this year. I’m not complaining either. The Canada Geese never left our area, I hope that means we’re not getting one. Moondance is so cute. He gives me baby fever. I recognize that butt!
It looks like spring there! Fun to see green grass:)
He is just beautiful :)
tee hee, thumper laying on his grub :)
Post a Comment