Saturday, August 14, 2021

A Pow Wow, a pile, and a perhaps

There is a whole lotta smoke in the area these days with one new fire in the area. We had a couple of days of lovely clear weather and then -Boom! it looked like this the next morning:


I have another sun photo but I am saving it for tomorrow's Sunday Stills Challenge, which is all about summer.


I am looking forward to the rain they predict for early next week. This too shall pass....

I got on Old Betsy and cleaned Beamer's pen yesterday- oh what fun to drive a tractor with no brakes and armstrong steering! In a pen that is on a slope!


It was a workout! I still need to pile up the mare's pen but it can wait until Monday. 

We went to the local Pow Wow a few days ago and got to see some lovely dancers and the native drumming and singing to accompany them. I found it quite moving. 




Loved the little girl and her mama in their jingle dresses. (Probably not the correct term)

Dally had a second visit today from someone interested in her. I'll keep you posted!

7 comments:

M said...

love the vintage tractor! that sun was spectacular in red. i wish i had caught a photo of the moon too, but smoke is so thick here, forget it.

Linda said...

Love it! I used to go to the Nez Perce pow wows and they were awesome!! Rain? I’ll take it. One more day of excessive heat, and the forecast is looking good.

Far Side of Fifty said...

You have to have strong arms! Yes they are Jingle Dresses or Regalia. Pow Pow's are fun to watch! Sorry you have smoke, we have escaped it now for a few days:)

lytha said...

We're in North Califonia and the sun was pink all day, making pink splotches on the redwood forest floor. Your photo captured it perfectly. Very strange air, here in Cali. But people are so friendly it actually worries us. Strangers on the street are asking us how we're doing. We're in a strange pink 60F (17C) bubble of friendly scary looking people bathed in the smell of fresh marijuana.

aurora said...

I’ve only been to one Pow Wow, with a photography group. It was a moving experience. You took some nice pics. Best wishes for Dally!

Shirley said...

Lytha- I actually laughed out loud at your description of Cali people!
Since pot is legal here in Canada now, there is a lot of the skunky smell wafting around.

TeresaA said...

The dancers look so graceful.
I hope that the fires stop soon. It would be nice if you could enjoy some clean air for a bit.