Sunday, August 15, 2021

Sunday Stills- Summer

 This is going to be a summer to remember, all over the world. From the extreme weather to the extreme measures some governments are taking in an abuse of power, it will not soon be forgotten. 

The extreme heat we have been subjected to in our corner of the world has filled the skies with smoke from hundreds of fires, many of which are out of control. Two towns have burned to the ground in our Province of B.C. , one of them not far from where my brother lives- they have been on evacuation alert for most of the summer. Very stressful. 

Clear skies are a blessing these days, as we haven't seen many of them. This is our typical sunrise:


My camera didn't capture the red of the sun, only the red aura around it. 

Last night I got this shot of the setting sun, much closer to the actual colour.


The smoke has kept me from a lot of activity this summer, and proximity of fire had me cancel a trip I planned to go and see Shayla and the rest of the Diamond Lazy H herd. Looks like I won't get to see Derby before he leaves for his new home. Probably a good thing though, because I know I'd fall in love with him and regret selling him!

Summer is always about the flowers, and I was happy to see the bees are as happy with my flowers as I am- I have heard that it's been a tough year for bees. 

My Morden Blush rose has come back into its second blooming



For more Sunday Stills


6 comments:

M said...

definitely an unforgettable summer, sadly. flowers got hit hard. can't go out, trip canceled because of heat, so much more. i'll be happy when its over. i think a lot of people will. beautiful photos!

Linda said...

Beautiful bees. Beautiful sun. I console myself that we have shorter days, and less time to endure the withering heat. Fall is around the corner, our only chance for reprieve. I’m starting to consider moving from the NW if this is the new normal. I’d rather endure heat where there’s no smoke, like Arizona. Also, my state is 💯 autocrat. They don’t even consult the citizens anymore. Democrats run every branch of government here. We’ve lost all balance. That’s a new development. We used to have a balance in the legislature. Now, the legislature passes bills, Governor signs them, and there’s no pushback to the middle. Our latest was a bill hindering Law Enforcement from doing their job. It’s so sad, and we are helpless to do anything. But I’m about done with these fires. Forest mismanagement and rising temperatures—disaster.

Grey Horse Matters said...

The pictures are beautiful. The smoke must be so depressing not to mention not great for anybody's health. Love your flowers and bees. We still have a lot of bees around us pollinating the flowers.

Far Side of Fifty said...

The flowers are beautiful, the red sun not so much...I hate to see the smoke come again. Stay cool! I hope you get some rain up there and maybe you can go on your trip!

aurora said...

Your roses are so beautiful! You gotta love a re-bloomer, I sure do. I don't know what to say about the endless heat & smoke, other than I hope it clears up sooner than later. What a bummer to not be able to visit Shayla & the rest of DLH :( I hope your brother stays safe. I can't imagine the worry.

threecollie said...

Beautiful shots! For some reason I can't capture that brilliant red sun either. Wish I knew how.