It seems like this summer is a broken record. Heat, smoke, wind blows smoke away, smoke comes back. Rinse and repeat. We did get some blessed rain a couple of days ago which cleared the air temporarily but alas it wasn't enough to quench the fires. We definitely have cooler temperatures though so I am thankful for small blessings.
My favourite daylily seems to not mind the weather! It has huge blooms. Most of my flowers are showing the effects of the weather with smaller than normal blooms despite my best efforts at keeping them hydrated.
Dally is blooming too! Starting to really get chunky. She had her first deworming a couple of days ago. I use Safeguard for the first worming and follow it at first frost with ivermectin.
She stands tied now. I rasped her front feet when she was tied and it went fairly well. She backed up a couple of times but stopped when the rope got tight.





6 comments:
we get nothing but heat. when it does cool off, no rain, then back to scorching temperatures for days with no rain. it seems like its never ending.
We need the smoke to go away...I keep hoping for rain to put all the fires out. Dally is filling out nicely...she will probably be able to untie that lead rope in a few months:)
I can see why that daylily is your fav. Dally is such a beauty!! Love her teardrop star.
Beautiful lily! Dally is really filling out and coming along. She seems like such a good girl.
She looks so good!! I need to buy a rasp and do the same. Epona’s feet have really grown out. We have 80’s today, cans it feels so good!! Clear skies, too! Hope it’s coming your way.
She sure is coming along nicely :)
Smoke, heat, no rain... BC and Sask both :(
Post a Comment