Today we spent some more time on getting Peppy ready for showing. He was really good for me when I trimmed his ears.
I had to be real careful not to poke him when he moved around. These scissors have a fairly blunt tip.
Peppy is really good with his feet, too; he lets me hold his foot between my legs for cleaning just like the big horses do;
and he was quite patient while I filed his hooves. He had to think twice before he stepped onto the concrete pad, though!
He is just as good with his back feet. (Thanks for holding him, Wendy!)And, of course, no job is complete until you have a border collie supervising!

5 comments:
I think Peppy is a winner. He really is a nice looking boy. I'm enjoying watching him grow.
Looks like Peppy's learning his lessons!
Our dogs like to constantly supervise, too!
I do love to see a woman doing the farrier work. You go girl!!!
I can't wait to see how he does in the show. He's such a pretty boy!
Oh Peppy you are growing up so fast! WHat a good boy!
Can't wait to hear how he does!
Of course we ALL need some doggie superivision in our lives!
Thanks for the compliments, everyone. Of course, I think Peppy is very special too.As far as the show goes, I think he'll behave well, but he may not be fat enough for the judges. We'll see.
Post a Comment