I hauled some straw in for bedding the run-in shelters, and there were some happy horses! Of course they had to pick through it for any oats that might be there. They do all hang out there together and I hope there is enough bedding to keep them all cozy at night. It's expected to remain cold here over the weekend. As you can see Chickory is maintaining her body heat under her thick fuzzy fur- the snow is not melting on her back. The others are going to have to remain blanketed for a while.
4 comments:
Woo hoo! How exciting for them!
I can't believe all the snow! We have had winter weather this week, but no snow really. Little cowgirl is hoping for some for christmas!!
Ya for the bonus! How great!
My gang sure love their straw they tend to bronk around exited as soon as they see it comming. No blankets needed yet at my place which is lucck y as I would need a whack of them.
There is nothing like a white Christmas! My daughter is in Panama for Christmas; while she is gone her home in Stratford, Ontario is expected to get a lot of snow, on top of the foot or so that they already have!
I think they are warmer than I am now....
See ya at the Sunday Challenge..Ed
Post a Comment