Monday, December 1, 2008

Christmas Giveaway Contest


Once again it's giveaway time! This is a great book that every horse owner should have; it explains in detail how a horse's body works with focus on the digestive system and all the conditions related to it- everything from colic, laminitis, allergies, diabetes, etc. And that's just the first few chapters! Marijke gives solutions based on natural health and homeopathic remedies.
She includes case studies, has do and don't lists, and in the last chapter a table for different conditions, with symptoms, and herbal remedies, feed programs, or supplements for each one. If you have ever had a horse that has colicked, been mysteriously lame, depressed, anxious, overweight or underweight, nervous, etc, then this book can help you understand what may be going on with your horse.
To enter all you need do is leave a comment on this post; I will be making the draw on Wednesday so that I can get the book sent in time for Christmas.

9 comments:

Callie said...

OH, That does sound like a great book to have in the horse library. I remember when I got my first horse, I went out and bought, the horse vet manual, some commen sence horse guides antraining stuff all to have by my side. BOy in 8 yrs, I've learned alot with my horses.

Mikey said...

I'm here *waving* lol. Love a contest. That looks like an interesting book.

I think I should have a contest for ONE WILD HORSE, lol. Soon as I catch her again, sigh...

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Good morning Shirley, I wanted to say something more, but all I have is PICK ME please.Nice talking with you yesterday. I am looking forward to learning more about the essential oils.

Jocelyn said...

Yeah I am the first!
I would love to have that book, since my mare is a Stress Queen. We just moved barns and for as much prepwork I tried to do with her diet and supplements, She STILL got the runs anyway. ugh...
Back to square one...
Love your blog and your ponies ! Gorgeous!

Linda said...

I'm the first? It looks like a good book.

Jenn said...

I used to think all that homeopathic stuff for horses was a bunch of hooey...until a friend convinced me to try feeding my old picky, skinny, gassy, ulcer-prone TB mare fresh peppermint and a bit of anise with her evening meal. She started eating her entire meal, (who knew that stuff was known to increase appetites!) stopped being so gassy and tummy-achy and started acting happy and healthy.

Trapper Creek Daughter said...

Looks like a good book! Love your new header picture of Beamer, he's gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

This is my first time on your blog and I love it! I will definately be a repeat visitor.

kdwhorses said...

Pick me pick me please!!! Sounds like a great book!