Ahhhh..... another wonderful, warm, sunny day, perfect for a trail ride! Beamer and I found some fresh snow that really needed some tracks in it;
so we were happy to oblige!
It was just a gorgeous day, so we headed down the back road and up by the pumpjacks.
It was a perfect day for shadow pictures (inspired by Mikey!)
We found a new trail along a pipeline so we went exploring. There were some good hills to go up and down; Beamer doesn't like hills much, especially going down them. He thinks he's going to slide because of the years he spent wearing sliding plates on his hind feet, so any time he has to go down a hill he really thinks about it- but he did great and we went striding happily along once we got back on the road. I tried my hand at a video, you can really see how energetically he walks:
And of course, one can't take pictures without Beamer posing !
so we were happy to oblige!
It was just a gorgeous day, so we headed down the back road and up by the pumpjacks.
It was a perfect day for shadow pictures (inspired by Mikey!)
We found a new trail along a pipeline so we went exploring. There were some good hills to go up and down; Beamer doesn't like hills much, especially going down them. He thinks he's going to slide because of the years he spent wearing sliding plates on his hind feet, so any time he has to go down a hill he really thinks about it- but he did great and we went striding happily along once we got back on the road. I tried my hand at a video, you can really see how energetically he walks:On our way back we came across my husband, out for a walk, so I let him ride Beamer back to the barn. It was his first time riding our stallion, so I had to take a picture! (imagine that- me-take pictures?)
And of course, one can't take pictures without Beamer posing !
So don't you wish you were out riding with me in our winter wonderland?
10 comments:
That is so beautiful, but I can feel the cold all the way down here. You are amazing for going out and riding in it!!
Beamer is gorgeous!! I can see WHY you go out riding, lol, with him to ride. He's a keeper.
Way better than my day turned out ,note to self take horse not quad!
It looks colder than it is, Mikey. It warm enough to feel like a spring day. It was 50 degrees (plus 10 in Celsius)
I'll take a cold day on horseback to a warm day doing paperwork anytime!
Thank you for short video! For sec I can be there with you :) Beautiful day!
Wonderful! I am just soooo envious.
Great pics! Yes I would come and ride with ya! Never gotton to ride in the snow! It is cold here this morning, in the teens! BRRRR!! And of course I love seeing Beamer~he is so handsome!
Oh how i wish I was there riding... it was -45 yesterday morning here... It has been so cold I haven't ridden in WEEKS... But it's suppose to warm up here a bit so I think my boys gonna hit the snow drifts here pretty quick!!
Tara
Tara, I saw on the news that you and Carol were in the line of fire for the big chill. I sure hope you come out of it OK.
Oh yeah, we did fine, nothing froze including horses lol.. Mind you my old girl had to be blanketed.. You remember Rosie, she's 27 this year. The dogs however would hop around on three legs switching them out while we were outside lol
I have a bunch of wild barn cats that came with the place and a few of them look like the tips of their ears are frozen, so will probably have a few weird looking cats come spring, but not much I could do for them, put a heat lamp out but they wouldn't lay under it. All the dogs came in including the old girl that came with the place, the old owners said when we got her "good Luck on getting her in" but all it took was picking her up and packing her in a few times and she decided the house was a great place to sleep!
I would LOVE to go riding in the snow with you! One thing I really, really miss is riding in snow during the winter. Living in a sub-tropical zone brings us cold weather without snow, just plenty of freezing rain and ice.
It looks like you had a fabulous ride and Beamer is just gorgeous!
Post a Comment