Friday, January 1, 2010

Celebrating 2 years


This is my 500th post, and on Sunday, it'll be exactly 2 years since I started this blog. I'm rather amazed at where it has taken me; the people I've been in contact with are a great blessing- that's you, my blogger friends! And so I'm dedicating this post to you all.From the farms of the Eastern Seaboard, to Texas, California, Oregon, and many other states, foreign countries like Belize and the UK, and of course the many Canadians, we are all united in our love of the horse, and/or rural lifestyle.
I have shared your ups and downs, (Lisa and Mikey come to mind!) your vacations (Fern Valley!) your neighbors antics (Nuz Muz!), seen some amazing photography from a great many of you, followed the training of horses (Tracey, Nuz Muz, Cdn Cowgirl, Fantastyk Voyageur, and some others) shared in the antics of your children (Mercy, Sage and Steele, the twinlings, Cub and Wrecking Crew) and your furry friends (all of the blogs!).
It's been a privilege to be a part of Sunday Stills, -Thanks Ed and Linda for dreaming up that one- it really encouraged me to be more creative and active with my camera. Your cameras have shown me places of astounding beauty.
I've received some good and welcome advice, laughed and cried at some of your posts, and always felt that I belonged to a community- a right thinking community of folks, quick to praise and slow to criticize.
And so Here's to you, I raise my cuppa coffee on high to all of you and say Thanks! for being part of my life.

Today we are beginning the year with a good snowfall, hope it's enough to improve the footing in the fields so I can ride Beamer in the pastures, he's getting very bored. It also means that Janice from Own a Morgan blog won't be coming down to go cattle sorting with us tomorrow, I'm sure the roads will be a mess, and she is an hour and a half away.

I put up my Fern Valley calendar today- thanks, Sherry!

19 comments:

The Pink Geranium or Jan's Place said...

What a great post..and Congratulations!!! That is an accomplishment, both 2 years and 500 posts!

Happy riding, and Happy New Year!

Jan

Cindy said...

Congratulations! That's a lot of posting. I'm glad I found your blog through Marilena.
cindy

Paint Girl said...

Congrats on your 2 yr anniversary!!!
I will be blogging for almost a year now, time sure goes by fast!
Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Shirley, it's been good to get to know you! Maybe this will be the year we can actually meet up somewhere;)

The Wife said...

Congrats on 2 wonderful years and 500 posts!! It's been a pleasure gettin' to know you.

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

How sweet of you to do a tribute to us on your 500th post. I just put up my Fern Valley calendar a couple of hours ago too!

Crystal said...

Congratulations on 2 years and 500 posts, thats excellent, I hope I can make it that far, have a great new year

Michele said...

gratz shirley:D

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Congrats on your 2 yr aniversary! so glad you started to blog,it is essentially how we met, as I had already seen pics of Andde before I saw the add. Worked out great. Hope you enjoy the calender

Dusty Devoe said...

Congradulations girl! I so much enjoy comingover to your blog. And yes, I put up my Fern Valley Calender today too!!!

Pony Girl said...

Great post! Blogging is such a special thing that we belong to, isn't it? Love Beamer's mane with the snow caught on it. Happy new year to you, and congrats on the anniversary!

cdncowgirl said...

Congrats - 2 years and 500 posts, wow!
I think we're kinda on the same wavelength with the whole blogger thing. Its become a network of friends and support. People who don't blog (or do any online social networking) just don't seem to get it.
Kimfer always asks how I can call "those blog people friends". I reason that you have to have some trust and faith that what people are telling you is what is true. Whether you meet that person face to face or online. And you have to trust your gut if you have doubts.
That being said, I'm so glad that I've met you Shirley. You are definitely 'one of those blog people' that I call a Friend!

Shirley said...

Thanks for all the great comments; it just confirms my post!

Mrs. Mom said...

Hey Happy New Year to you too, my far Northern Friend! I've fallen head over heels for Beamer, Foose, and all your crew there, and have totally loved getting to know all y'all!

Smooch that handsome hunka horse from me please, since he'd rather not look at a carrot ;)

May 2010 be PACKED with nothing but The Best for you Shirley!!

The Equestrian Vagabond said...

love that snowy mane photo!
- The Equestrian Vagabond

Janice said...

Happy 500. I hope I can say the same some day. Great pics. Nice calender.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Awwwww! I am just so honored and tickled pink to see me and my family listed in this post as folks you consider friends. That just makes me so happy! It' also so surprising to me that you and others enjoy visiting me at my blog and feel that they know me. I try to be as open as possible and I love to share photos and stories of activities that my family, critters do together. I'm just amazed that anyone is even interested! lol!

Congrats on your two years and 500 posts. It's wild how fast time flies in the blogging community isn't it? I always end up surprised when a blogger buddy mentions something that happened a year ago....and I remember it, too. And it seemed like it just happened last month! lol!

My wish for you this year is peace, joy, beauty, love, happiness, and loads of laughter my friend. And may all your dreams and desires come true!

Happy New Year!

~Lisa

flowerweaver said...

Wishing you a fabulous 2010!

gtyyup said...

Congrats on your 500th post...we all love your blog and hope you continue for as long as you can!

Happy 2010 to you and all of yours!