Note Sparkle's nose in the background; she wasn't having anything to do with it, in true stand-offish princess style.
Chickory rolled the ball around Velvet's legs, and Velvet just stayed there, trying to get the ball from Chickory.
The day was warm but cloudy, and after Ted and I finished some yard cleanup- including burning the Christmas tree- I clambered aboard Beamer bareback (clambered is right, there is nothing graceful about me getting on bareback!), and we took a tour of the hayfield. Come ride along!
There aren't many obstacles out there, but one of the challenges is footing. There are some low lying swales that had standing water in them after the last rain, and have frozen over and then got a little snow on top of the ice. Beamer has learned to listen for the cracking of the ice, and he walks very carefully over them.
(I just love those little ears of his!) This weekend is team sorting , sure hope we get enough folks show up to work the cattle!
14 comments:
Smart horses! all of them .Beamer especially .I will have you know Andee would never steal! (lol) Me getting on bareback more closely resembles a very large fish out of water than anything related to horses!
LOL Sherry, I think I resemble a flounder if I try to get on from the ground. Usually I lead him up to a fence and climb a rail and just slide on. This time I used the tire on a portable cattle loading chute. Whatever is handy!
There was a time when I could run and jump up on a horse. Nowadays, I use a fence.
It's cute to see them playing with the ball.
Thats adorable the horses with the ball, and I envy anyone who can ride bareback, I have no balance and just end up sliding off one side. I guess I should just do it more often, lol.
LOL! A game of football between horses, are they trying out for a Budweiser commercial??
what a fabulous horse beamer is:D hugs for the girls:D
Ours play with feed tubs...it's a hoot to watch them throw them....at the dog!
Ahh yes the days of being able to swing up bareback are long gone for me. I even have to cheat with a saddle. Boy Beamer sure does that carefully, what a good boy.
Is it sorting or penning that you're going to?
Out here we have penning in the winter and sorting in the summer. And I'm pretty excited because this weekend will be the first penning since Christmas break (and my first since the clinic)
Love the fillies with the ball!
Cdn, it's sorting. There are only a dozen cattle, so no penning. We are using the team ropers cattle.
I want a horse!
cindy
I love Beamer!!! Have I ever mentioned that before? lol! Well I do! What an amazing horse he is for carrying you bareback, smooth enough that you can use one hadn to carry the camera, while also keeping you safe over the icy hazards.
And good on you for being able to carry a camera and ride bareback on the uneven ground, too.
I love Beamer!!!
~Lisa
Oh! And I bet it so fun watching the horses play with their toys together. Maybe you can share some video of that, too?
~Lisa
Post a Comment