Well. I did warn you that there would be a lot of foal photos.... there is other stuff going on here, but when there is this cute little rascal around it's hard not to take photos of him.
I think he has the prettiest head of all the Beamer/Belle babies. How is it that each baby seems better than the last! They have all been good, just each one is a little different. I'd love to get a photo of all of them together- and I did get one of Rio greeting Nitro and Belle.
I made Nitro a new halter yesterday- he has already outgrown the infant halter.
I need to adjust the chin knot upwards a little. Do you like the camo rope? Ted gave me that for Christmas, and it's perfect for foal halters. Does anyone out there need a foal halter? I will make one to the first person who leaves a comment, who has a foal- it's very hard to buy a halter that fits foals this young.
Nitro is well named, I think everywhere he goes, he runs. And he leaves mama Belle in the dust- this boy is a rocket!
She gets plenty of exercise, keeping up with him!
He is really athletic, and can stop in a dime.
Nitro is two weeks old tonight. He is easy to catch and halter, leads really well, and I'm working on picking up his feet. He's very ticklish, so I'm taking my time on that, I want him to be relaxed about his feet being handled instead of forcing it. By the end of the month, the mare pasture should have enough grass in it to turn all the herd out together. Rio went back in with Gussie and Chickory today, as they are no longer in heat. Happy Rio!





21 comments:
Great photos and videos - he sure is a looker!
very cute! He's getting bigger each day!
-Bella Hope!
He is nice...he is already filled out well, he doesn't have that angular skinny kinda thing you see going on in a lot of foals. If I were someone looking for a horse I would be putting in my claim ....are you guys listening...scoop this one up now.
I was just noticing his lil' Arab type head when you wrote about it...he's gonna be quite the looker...with the athleticism behind it to back him up!
Yea, he's quite the flashy little guy. Did anyone claim the halter? I will have a foal in a couple of weeks.
I heard somewhere , that you either get the best a cross is ever going to produce on the first try, or the worst, so if the worst you ever got was the first cross,(which sadly I do not remember the name of, a filly I think) this cross is meant to be, they are all amazing
i loooove the family photo!
Damn, makes me wish I had room for another one. Cute, athletic AND speedy!
btw I LOVE the camo rope!
I so wish I could get another horse!! I love this guy!! He does have a beautiful head.
Lovin' that halter too!!
Susan, I'll get that halter made up for you this weekend.
Keep those photos coming! he is a real cute fellow.
I'm living vicariously through your photos. Don't stop taking them and posting them! Love your little guy!
Great family portrait anf the camo rope is perfect..:-)
There is no such thing as too many baby pictures. I love that family portrait! All three of them have the biggest soft kind eye!
There is no such thing as too many baby pictures. I love that family portrait! All three of them have the biggest soft kind eye!
He sure is a doll. Belle looks like she is thoroughly enjoying running with him.
Lovely videos!
Oh, he is so wonderful!
He is SO cute! It makes you just want to grab him and squeeze him! we're going to have a baby next month. I wasn't around for the birth of the last one or the first couple of weeks, so this will be fun!
- The Equestrian Vagabond
I haven't been by for quite a while... and I am off to catch up. Nitro is stunning with his dished face and markings. Another handsome chap you have on your hands.
Post a Comment