Lisa asked if we are keeping Nitro- no, he's for sale. My goal is to sell him right at weaning time which means any time after mid August.
Ian asked why the oversized fence in the background of my pasture photos; that particular pen used to be for sorting cattle, so I think they put that high fence up to keep the cattle from wanting to jump over the fence when they were pressured up. I like this pen for introducing foals to pasture, because they invariably run into the fence at some point, and this one they just bounce off of.
And... I finally caught him napping! (Good border collie Reba, right at that 12 o'clock position!)
So stinkin' cute!
Who- me? napping?
Not for long!






13 comments:
He was in some deep sleep there--tongue out and everything. I like your philosophy about the fencing being safe and high. Keep 'em safe! He is a doll-baby...but so is Rio. You make good babies up there!!
One more question for you. I remember reading in a post that Rio carries the creme gene. Does he get that from momma Belle cause Beamer looks too dark to be a smoky black. Just wondering.
BTW...Nitro is CUTE CUTE CUTE.
Carrie- yes, Belle carries one copy of the cream dilute gene, and she is homozygous for black,which means she cannot throw red based color on her foals.
He is a real show stopper.
gorgeous as always! and what a pistol! Not gonna catch that one napping too often
Love the nap time pictures!! He is gorgeous!
You are right about 'stinking cute'! I wouldn't get any work done! It was fun to see your answers to the questions.
Oh my gosh, him sleeping with his tongue out is just too cute. What a beautiful baby!
Nice looking horse's.
Nice pics, as always! Was Nitro sticking that tongue out just for you ;) Interesting about the fence, makes sense. What a good mama Belle is!
Thanks for the answers :) He is so adorable and I just wanna touch him he looks so fuzzy!
I love that little guy!
Was he drooling with that open mouth :-D. Too cute.
Post a Comment