Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I'm baaaaaack!

Had to take my computer to the shop (again!) with a bunch of new viruses; the guys there said it's flu season for computers. So they cleaned it up and put a new anti-virus program in for me. His tips: Do not click on banner ads, or open links to photos because they often have viruses attached. I always tell my friends not to send me forwarded emails with attachments or cutsey photos because that's how viruses spread; the creeps who do that make sure that their product is so cute and loveable that everyone just has to send it to all their friends.... you get the picture.
Ya want cute?
Meet our new cat, Lizzie. We saw her on the side of the road, she had been injured, so we and another couple stopped to check on her, and the other folks took her to the vet. She had a bloody nose and swollen eye and a loose tooth. We aren't sure what happened to her. Anyway, we (read Ted!) told the vets that if nobody claimed her we would take her.... so here she is! She eventually made friends with our three other cats, and for now is an indoor cat.
She has made herself quite at home!
I still haven't found an elk, but I have seen some nice scenery on my hunts. This shot is from the mountain above Creston.
The white buildings at the bottom left are our place, and you can seee how close to the river we are and why I was concerned about flooding this spring.
We are working an auction this Saturday, there are some nice harness sets and buggies in it; this is an Amish surrey.
We finally got some rain- can you say muddy horse pens?- so I haven't worked Rio for a bit, but maybe today!
I'd say mares aren't too impressed with the mud either...

15 comments:

thecrazysheeplady said...

I was wondering... Beautiful kitty :-).

Mary Ann said...

Welcome to Lizzie, and I'm glad she has a good home now. The picture taken from above is wonderful!

Michele said...

all great photos! especially the first one of lizzie :) she is a cutie pie!

Jenn said...

Hehe, both the mares are sticking their tongues out at you! I started to complain about the mud we currently have, then, I remembered we were in an extreme drought all summer and instead embraced and welcome the sloppy mess!

You sure do have some gorgeous scenery.

Unknown said...

Mud!? Send it my way that means rain! Surreys are nice but ones that are not undercut are a pain and can be dangerous to drive.

Janice said...

She does look like she's there to stay.

Montanagirl said...

Cute kitty. Glad she found a good home. You have a beautiful location there, and the horses look good!

Nikker said...

Love the new cat! Silver/gray and white cats are my favorite! So glad you guys found her, helped her, and gave her a home! Ted's awesome!!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Welcome back you were missed! Lizzie looks lovely ,and that Surrey!!!!!

aurora said...

I've been AOL too...hoping to get back into the swing of things, I am sure I've missed sooo much!! What a sweet kitty, lucky to have found such a lovin' home!

Kurious Kim said...

Hello Lizzie!

Crystal said...

Very cute cat, we have no house cats and I kinda like that. Sure wish I could come to the auction this weekend, but soo much to do here for the next couple weeks :(

The Equestrian Vagabond said...

As I read this I'm sitting looking out at very heavy dark skies... but it just won't rain!!!
- The Equestrian Vagabond

Ed said...

I learned the virus lesson a long time ago and don't trust anyone except proven friends. The kitten cuteness factor is a +10..:-)

gtyyup said...

Cute Lizzie...how nice of you to take her in. She looks quite at home~