Today was moving day for the cattle, Beamer got to help gather them and we ran them into the pens, which are a muddy mess right now.
Beamer was quite willing to wade through the slop to get the cows through the gate- he loves pushing cows!
The heifers will be here for another week, so we get to do this again next weekend.
Gathered in Beamer's pen and waiting for their ride home.
Still nice and green here, even if the clouds are obscuring the mountains.
Between loads I took the dogs and we headed out onto the hayfield for a ride. This is one of my favorite spots on that ride, an overflow canal that the ducks love, and there is usually a hawk hanging out in the trees.
Of course, I had to get a glamour shot of my boy:
I'm still getting used to my new pocket camera, I probably should have used flash on that photo. I got one of Merle, and used the backlit setting because of the bright background and the flash went off- I kind of like the result- talk about glamour shots!
One more shot, this time of Rio, I think I used action/zoom for this.
Still can't get sharp focus on some shots, probably need to read the manual again.....
13 comments:
Little Merle is awfully cute..you got a great photo of him! I like the one of Beamer too..what is not to like about that horse! :)
Its hard to find the perfect settings and I am terrible at reading the manual, I just keep trying till I find what I like, often ending up with the same shot in multiple modes. Sometimes the not so perfect ones turn out pretty cool.
Love the Merle shot too, he is quite a star! And cool you got to do cow work too. I'm so jealous it is so cold here I haven't rode in a couple weeks :(
Great shots ........Wha Wha Wha wish I had some cows to play with.
Oh you have Herefords my favourite. Great shots I wish I had a Beamer to move cattle sometimes would save my legs:).
It is so peaceful and lovely there. B
Koda wishes he had some cows to work, instead he herds the pony & young horses that pasture with ours. I guess you gotta work with what you've got.
I can see why the canal is a favorite spot on your rides, looks peaceful.
good gravy! An action shot of Merle is right.
Your post is so refreshing!
I think that spot on your ride would be my favourite too...
and I'm always partial to those kind of cows....they feel like "home..."
Those are some nice pictures. Even though we do celebrate Halloween, I have never been one for it. I only decorated because the hubby and the kids do love it. That new saddle sure looks nice.
Love the saddle shot!
I don't read manuals either - it's usually a last resort. I love to just experiment, but have lost some nice shots doing that! Beamer is soooo beautiful. What a Hunk!!
Ahhh, Beamer, you are a handsome fella, and the shot of Rio is pretty good too. You'll get the hang of the new camera but it looks like you have a good start!
Great shots! Beamer is Da Man. When getting closeups are you using the macro function? It allows the camera to focus inside the 2-3 ft limit..:-))
Herefords!! They look great.
Signed, a fellow Hereford breeder from North Dakota
PS I do like the other shots too as I also enjoy photography.
Lot's of glamor shots here!
Post a Comment