The snow has shown up on the mountain peaks, but it's a long way from down here on the valley bottom.
I had the mares turned out during one rainy day and I had to bust out laughing at Gussie; she came to the gate with the most pleading look I have ever seen on a horse:
Pleasepleasepleasepleeeeease let me iiiiiinnnnnn!
I did make her wait because I wasn't finished cleaning the pens, poor girl!
Josie has found her place in the herd, she is a lot like her mama Chickory, a little reserved but very bribe-able; it's easy to build a routine with her.
Mama Belle has gone from putting her in her place to giving her a place next to her:
I love my little herd, they all get along so well, no nastiness, just happy horses.
I'm happy to report that Shayla got her certification in the ABC Hoofprint Trim, so she will be taking over the trimming duties here at Diamond Lazy H Quarter Horses- she also is studying equine chiropractic so she will have my herd health to do to. Pretty proud of you Shayla!
So, life rolls on, seasons change, and time never stands still.
I should have the results of Stella's blood tests within a couple of days, some of it is in, but not all. It will be good to have some answers.
Barring any unforeseen problems, I should be on my way to Alberta on Friday to take in the Canadian Cowhorse Supreme, and to visit with a few fellow bloggers and Facebook friends.






12 comments:
Sure is nice when they all get along so well. I cant wait till Friday too :)
Congratulations to Shayla, a very impressive young woman. She seems to know what she wants and is willing to work to attain it. I think she will go far! Your herd is lucky to know her. Hope you have a great and relaxing time in Alberta!
Nice post! Your horses are beautiful. It's too bad more humans can't get along as well as your horses do!! Shall we start with Congress . . . .??
rain rain rain! all we ever see here! but, at least the sun is not boiling us alive. I sure love Gussie. she is such a great horse.
Grats to shayla!
Its so nice when all the ponies get along. Congrats to Shayla. We have a chiro guy come work on the horses, I was skeptical at first, but have seen the results and now he comes here a lot. Its can be tough on ranch horses at times...
Congrats Shayla! Shirley, I could be wrong, but I'm sure I just heard a sigh of relief from your back! haha
Love the header shot...though on my screen it disappears.Nice to see everyone getting along. I'm pouting a bit as I can't go to Alta for the Supreme. Shirley say hi to all the ones I know....maybe next year.
Good on you Shayla! I should have done stuff like that when I was young instead of riding racehorses till I stopped bouncing. :)
WTG, Shayla! Quite an accomplishment!
Just read the previous posts, I am so sorry. She was a beautiful girl. I hope yo ucan get some answers that will ease your heartache.
WELL DONE SHAYLA!! Now we just need to convince you to come here for a visit!! Maybe drag Shirley along with you???
Good looking girls Shirley,
Congrats to Shayla! :)
Post a Comment