Nitro has gone to his owner's place for a week or so, and it was my opportunity to integrate Rio back into the herd. I started him off with the mares this morning, and while Belle was leaping and carrying on rejoicing at being out on pasture,
Rio could have cared less.
The mares carried on like a pair of hooligans for a bit,
but soon settled down to graze. I put them back in their pens after a bit, and in the afternoon I let the little fillies out with Rio.
They had a quiet meet and greet,
but once Stella figured out that she had access to the pasture for the first time in 3 weeks, the race was on! At least, she thought it was,
it took Josie a little while to get into the spirit of things.
They ripped around long enough to get Rio going, but just one little blast and then he went back to chowing down.
Since everything went so well, I'll be turning Rio out every day with one of the groups, and as soon as Belle's milk is all dried up I'll run them all together. Nitro has to be kept separate because he isn't gelded yet.








8 comments:
Oh now this just made me happy. The photos are wonderful. Hug B
How fun for them, and for you to watch & photograph! Rio must have been gelded, missed that post. Last I knew he was your Junior Stallion. So cute how Josie hangs with her BFF Stella. You got some great action shots!!
I have a BIG smile on my face! Wonderful photos of beautiful horses!!
Will be nice to have them all together, they sure look like they been enjoying the pasture time :)
Aurora- Rio was gelded in July, he is now owned by Shayla. He looks like he'll be a good babysitter!
Good to see they are all enjoying life, and the RIO man is being a great "older brother" to the little girls!!!
Boy, he sure is full of p--- and vinegar. I bet everyone was glad to have him back, or not?
man!! Belle has some moves!
Post a Comment