Wednesday, June 18, 2014

New halter design

I decided to change the placement of the knots on my halters. I didn't like the way the cheek rope would slide up by the eyes when turning the horse, so I made some modifications in the measurements. I'll have Beamer model his new halter for you.
Beamer? *Ahem, Beamer* time to come out of your snug house and pose for us.

Yes, Beamer, you look awesome in blue.

Yes, there is still room for those trademark Beamer yawns!

Oh allright, you can go back to sleep now!
Here are the changes I made: Dropped the noseband knots- the old design had them 9 or 10 inches apart, I now do 12 - 14 inches, depending on the horse. I want the knots to sit below the top of the cheekbone, in the hollow of the jowls. Of course, to compensate I also shortened the measurement to the fiador knot, it's 7 inches here but I think I could go 6. The distance from the throatlatch knot under the jaw to the  cheek knots is shorter too, to keep those cheek side pieces from sliding up towards the eye.
Here is a comparison photo of my old design,  I actually could have had this halter done up tighter as the jaw knot is too far forward. 
Little differences, but they make the halter work much better. 

5 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Such a pretty blue color too on Mr Handsome:)

WendyFromNY said...

That's quite a talent you have! They look really great. I noticed that Mikaels Mania is no longer in your blog list...do you know what ever happened to her?

Shirley said...

I follow her on Facebook, so I don't read her blog much any more.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

I like the new style!

aurora said...

Beamer looks content with the adjustments. Nice looking halters.