Rosalee did really well today; I rode at the back as I had my two dogs Tess and Thea with me, and it was Thea's first real outing. I wanted to make sure she behaved her puppy self! Rosalee just walked along nicely without trying to jog to keep up, and we maintained a good pace without having to trot. Poor Tess is fat and out of shape so we have to stop several times for her to rest, and give her some of our water, but we all made it.
I totally forgot to wear my helmet- I was intending to- but it turned out I didn't need it and I was sure glad of the shade of my hat brim.
That's Fisher peak in the background and hey look, all the horses have their ears up and all the ladies are smiling!
I had body work done on Rosalee on Saturday, sure enough he needed to work on her left shoulder which may be why we had the left lead problem. Tomorrow afternoon I hope to haul to the arena and work on that, and haul Coulee along too.

6 comments:
Looks like a beautiful ride. I'm looking forward to Leah's adjustment, too, and her teeth floating appointment.
That is some nice, rolling hill country you have to ride in! Much more open than our area is. We have thick underbrush and forest requiring staying on the trails and lots of rocky areas that require shoes. Would be nice to just head out across country like that. We're finally getting a break in the heat so I'm hoping to get out on a few more rides with Eagle. We need more sweaty blankets for sure. Glad you had a good ride!
What beautiful country! Wow how fortunate are you to go riding there! Thea looks good! :)
That looks like such a wonderful ride! Someday I hope to be doing the same, sooner rather than later!
Great that you are out on the trails again, with good two & four legged company!!
Was a super day, glad you could come up. And both the dogs and the horses were all well behaved
Post a Comment