Hock length tail.... finding the end of the tail bone... Look at all the different colours she has!
Start the braid a hand width from the tailbone. All you need is some baling twine, a hair tie, and some vet wrap.
Loop the twine at one end.... measure to make sure it won't drag on the ground... put the braided tail through...
Start the vet wrap on the folded over tail, roll it down to cover the string loop, cut the last 4 inches of it up the middle so you can tie it off- Viola! Also make sure you don't have any loops of string on the bottom, it should all be cut ends so it doesn't catch on anything.
It ain't pretty but it does help her swat flies. Thanks to Shayla for showing me this method. Some people use MTG or other products in the tail, I just use a conditioner that I rinse mostly out just leaving a little bit to keep the tail hairs from getting brittle.



3 comments:
Clever! I am sure she appreciated being able to swat the pesky flies. I love multi colored hair, our Nemo has it too. So pretty!
That's cool. Thanks for sharing it with the photos!
Interesting fix! Her hair is very pretty! I hope it grows fast! :)
Post a Comment