Treasure your creatures, for they aren't with us nearly long enough. Two of my friends lost their stallions in the last couple of days; blogger All the Pretty Horses lost her blue roan stallion, at the early age of 13- no visible cause so most likely cardiac arrest, and another friend made the call on his 19 year old stallion due to his infirmities. Very sad for both of them and all who knew those wonderful stallions.
As I look at my oldies, I know that day will come for me too; Reba is nearly 15 now, and Beamer is also 15. With Reba, it's week to week; with Beamer I hope for 10 more years, but I'll take whatever the good Lord decides.
A lot of people post about the "rainbow bridge", but it's not something I think of as a reality. I do however, believe that God has given our animals a soul different from ours and that as His created beings there is a place for them in eternity, and that it is indeed likely that we will meet them again on the other side of this life. Several recorded near death experiences have mentioned being greeted not just by the souls of people but of animals too.
The love we give to our creatures is not wasted in His sight; for love is a part of God, the eternal good.
5 comments:
I don't know how people can go on, not believing what we do. The second coming is on a horse, there can be no doubt for me.
That's right lythia! I've always loved that scripture. I too, have heard the rainbow bridge story - but it's not reality for me. My understanding is that none of us have immortal souls that live outside us, but all created beings are "living souls". Life would be too painful and difficult without having my faith to rely on. I think we'll get to see our beloved animals in heaven some day. We have an aging herd of 6 - my dear old girl, Kadie is 33 and I know every day is a gift. Her mate of 25 years is 28 and showing his age too, and on down to our youngest at 16. Time just goes all too quickly for all of us, I think.
I believe strongly that the attachments of our souls will bind us together in heaven, too. I fully expect to see my animals on the other side. They also give me a taste of heaven on earth. I'm sorry to hear of your friend's losses.
I am so sorry for your friends losses. It never gets easier. I like the thought of a meeting place where we will be reunited with our animals, I hope there is such a place I cannot imagine Heaven without animals. I know there are differing ideas...but we are all God's Creatures so I know it will all be just fine:)
beautifully written!and such a wise and gentle way to look at it
Post a Comment