I got the horses moving around a bit, they tend to just hang out in their feed area - can't say as I blame them, the snow is so crusty I can walk on top of it.
It was a lot of fun watching them- I didn't have my camera at the right setting but got a few fun photos anyway.
Wish this one would have been better.... but I like the way she is in full stretch so I included it. I think I'm going to nickname her Rapid Rosie, she sure can move!
I trimmed Mama Belle's front feet today. And dang if she doesn't look pregnant in this photo, being lopsided and all.
All this snow just makes me want to cry. Just when you think it might be done with it comes down again, thick and heavy. I am so over this winter.
8 comments:
I can totally feel for you. That is how I feel every year. Although the last 2 have not been as bad, at least our snow goes away before it comes back. I hope this is it for you.
Sorry you are so snowy and tired of it. I am headed into my 5th Iknitarod/Iditarod and every year we've gotten at least a dusting or so of snow. I'm thinking this year we won't.
Crusty snow isn't much fun. On the bright side, all the moisture should help with drought & fires this year.
The calendar says 3 more weeks...let's pray, shall we? I can't even imagine having that much snow for so long. Nope! We've had more than normal for us, and are just finishing up the wettest February on record (since Noah) since 1995 when we had those notorious floods everywhere. This winter has been the pits.
But, your ponies are so beautiful and they look good! They're so much cleaner than ours are. You can only imagine the mud we have. *sigh*
I have a feeling this year is going to be Winter, then Summer--no Spring. Or, at least I'm preparing my mind for it. My farrier bought a place in Tuscon to go back and forth to, and I'm thinking that wasn't a bad idea. :( Your horses all look great though! They don't mind snow one bit. In fact, they probably prefer it to flies and hot sun.
I am tired of winter too, I hope you get spring soon! :)
Belle really does look prego in that pic.
I like the pic of Rapid Rosie :) Sometimes a less than perfect shot captures things you wouldn't have caught if it *had* been perfect.
Post a Comment