Today I got my hay shovelled off. While I was up there I spotted Beamer rolling... next to the fence.... yes he caught his hind feet in the bottom strand. Fortunately the smooth wire did minimal damage, just a small nick on his coronet band.
After I got done cussing him out I shovelled a nice big spot for him near his shelter where it's nice and flat and far away from the fenceline. He can roll all he wants there!!!
Thumper making his way to the horses water trough, had to stop and get some sun.
Can you see what Coulee spotted?
How about now?
Tomorrow is grooming day. I need to get the shedding blade out!
5 comments:
I don't think anyone sane would judge you for what you have provided for your horses. We all know you moved recently and you did your best. xxx.
Glad Beamer only got a small scrape. Horses are so smart, I always wonder how they manage to get injured so easily. I guess in midst of a good roll, who thinks about where legs land?! I couldn't find anything on Coulee's first photo, enlargement sure helped.
Only after the enlargement, but that's what I was asking myself - what is he looking at? :) Your snow is so beautiful, but I'm guessing you are SO over it by now! 5 more weeks and counting...
Glad Beamer's got a better rolling spot now. Thanks to mom and her handy, dandy snow shovel. :)
I hope Beamer heals up okay. Looks like your snow is going to stay for a few days! I saw the deer I suppose they are looking for food too:)
Everyone shedding here too, but the scenery isn't as pretty ;-).
Post a Comment