Thursday, July 20, 2017

New name and riding Rosalee

Since Shayla pretty much bought Belle's foal in utero, I  have been working with her on the colt's registered name, and it is going to be CD Shiny Pistolena. His new barn name is Pistol, and it sure seems to suit him. He is coming along pretty well.
He is at the poopy bum stage, so today he got introduced to Peptobismal and bum washings- he did quite well. Then on to his leading lesson.



He is still quite the diva- or is that divo for boys?- when he is loose. King of all he surveys!

Yesterday, NG got her riding lesson on Rosalee- I rode first to make sure she was in the right frame of mind to pack a child around, and yes she was; feeling quite lazy in fact.
The poor kids legs must have been tired after riding, she had to keep bumping to keep the life up in Rosalee! We worked more on keeping her motivated, and not letting her turn towards me and quit. Then I led her over to the pond, while my daughter, who is visiting, threw sticks for the dogs.

 I let her ride solo for part of the way back.

She did well, so once we got back up by the hitching rail I decided to longe her at the trot, so she could work on her seat, and then let her ride solo over to her house to show her dad and little sister. Big smiles!
 Day 27

8 comments:

lytha said...

hey, glad his name got "shiny" in there as i had hoped. your video shows me why i'm glad people like you have babies and not me, i don't want that responsibility.

what a wonderful thing to have the honor of introducing a kid to horses. if i were that kid.......well, i just had my books.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Love his name! Pistol! Belle seems not interested at all in what you are doing o him! Lucky Shayla, I am glad she bought the colt that way we can watch him grow up! I enjoyed seeing Miss Thea in the background! :)

aurora said...

I would say he did good, what a cutie! Does Shayla know what she hopes to be able do with Pistol? Rosalee seems to do really well with the kids.

Shirley said...

Pistol is going to receive training for both cutting and barrels. She works at a cutting barn, but her personal horses are barrel horses.

Ruth said...

Aww, Pistol is so cute and such a good boy! :)

Linda said...

Pistol--cute! I like the work you're doing with him, facing up. I do that with all my horses, too. Your training day sure sounds like my kind of fun. They did well together. I'd rather have them be low energy with the kids--Red was like that, too. When they were good enough riders to make him go, they were also good enough to stay on.

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Nice that Rosallee is so good. I like the name of the little one too.

aurora said...

Based on your most recent posted video it looks like Pistol will exceed at either, especially barrels.