Friday, July 7, 2017
Welcome little one
Belle foaled a buckskin colt at 3:45 this morning. A quick and easy birth, although the colt has tight tendons that makes him tippy toed on the front. I'll keep them confined and see if the tendons relax over the next day or so.
I am not declaring a winner yet, as it's close between Sahara (again!) and Cdncowgirl. What I am going to do is send away for a dun factor test on him, as it is possible that he is a dunskin. His stripes and leg barring seem to be there but it's hard to tell just yet.
And he seems to have a shoulder patch too.
See the dark shading where his neck meets the body?
So since I am not 100% certain it isn't just counter shading, I am going to get him tested right away for dun factor.
Love his silvery ears!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Very cute! And congrats to you, and especially the mom, on a safe delivery.
So glad poor Belle finally has it over with, he is a a beauty:)
Congratulations! You probably know this, but if not....talk to your vet about giving tetracycline for those tendons. If given to foals with contracted tendons very early, it can help them relax and stretch to normal. I'm not sure what the time frame is, but I think it needs to be done sooner rather than later.
He certainly is a beautiful boy:)
Congrats on a very lovely little boy :) (or maybe not so "little" lol)
He is a cutie! It will be fun to see the pictures of him and Mesa together. If he is a dun would that mean that Woodrow is the sire?
Dancing Donkey- yes I know about tetracycline, opted for E/Selenium today and we'll see if it has any effect- it should.
Sahara- yes if he tests dun, Woodrow will be the sire. I sent the dna away, should know within a couple of weeks.
Well whether he's dun or not he looks buckskin enough to make me happy, and oh my is that a pretty head or what? Congratulations proud mamas!
Pretty boy! Congrats on a safe arrival :-D.
Adorable! How fun it will be watching him and Mesa play! Congratulations to you and Belle, she can finally breathe again!
Congrats! Handsome guy is looking good and at such an early stage! Incase you were wondering, my silent guess was Woodrow, Smokey grulla colt, July 10, 1:45 am. Glad Belle had her baby sooner then later, and more importantly that he is healthy.
Congratulations! !! He's very unique and handsome. You do have your work cut out for you keeping him cool in this heat. I was reading your current post on how you wet blanketed him. And, I'm sure mama is going to love her chiropractic appt. She deserves it. Good job all around.
Post a Comment