Monday, September 4, 2017

(Updated) All I need is the air that I breathe....

to be a lot less smoky! Had to cancel my plans for giving Mesa her first ponying lesson today.


If I can't breath right in it, I am sure not going to ask my horses to work in it.
EDITED:
This is what it looks like this afternoon:


Unreal. I'm getting cabin fever from having to stay inside so much this summer. I feel bad for the horses having to breathe this and hope it doesn't give them any lasting respiratory problems.


6 comments:

Crystal said...

Blech. I cant imagine they like it any better than we do. Sure hope you get a good soaking rain to help it out

Shirley said...

No rain in the forecast, sadly.

Linda said...

Hazardous air quality here, too. I am very worried about lasting problems in the horses. We're doing nothing except surviving. No end in sight.

aurora said...

I sure do hope the situation improves, clean air is a basic necessity. Just like clean water.

C-ingspots said...

Oh man, we've got it too. Fires to the north, south and now east of us. The closest one to us is a couple hours east in the Columbia river gorge and all that smoke is being carried right to our valley with those winds moving west. We've had such poor air quality for so long now, my chest feels heavy and the poor horses can't escape it. The summer of too much heat, dry, dusty and smoky air. Fall can't get here soon enough for me. Last night ash fell and everything was blanketed in it this morning. I worry about the horses when we're gone to work.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I hope it clears out soon. We have some haze here and the smell of smoke. It is irritating for my husband as I am sure it is for anyone with breathing difficulties:(