Look at that big soft eye 😃
She has shed all her baby coat now and is a neat rich brown, with tan coloured britches.
I think her right front is toed out a bit, we'll see how it comes after her chest fills out some more. She did lose some weight during the weaning process, but I finally have her enthusiastically eating her foal ration now and she is starting to gain again.
It's time to start teaching her to trailer load, so as a precursor to that, I figured I'd see how she "loads" into the barn.
Notice that she takes everything calmly, even lids falling and pails bumping her, and kitties jumping down. Sure do love the mind on this filly! Please pay no attention to the messy barn, working on it got put on the back burner this summer.
I'm waiting for the frost heavy frost to do my fall deworming. But I am planning on giving her a dose of a mild wormer this week so she doesn't have a massive load later on. I just trimmed her feet last week, and got Pistol done too.
5 comments:
She sure is a nice one and growing up so fast!
What a good girl! I love her color, and variegated tail. The time you've spent with Mesa really show.
Oh, she's so cute! What a smart and willing girl. I hope she keeps the brown or tan patches.
She's sure a nice filly Shirley, you know the old saying "good things come to those that wait" in this came sure came true.
I love seeing your enthusiasm after suffering the loss of your precious filly years ago. Dear Lord please bless this filly with a full life, in Jesus' name, amen.
Post a Comment