Wednesday, June 6, 2018

3 weeks old

Yes, his li'l cuteness is 3 weeks old today.
I started his morning with a halter lesson. He decided to pull away before I got the halter done up, so we had a mini work on him allowing me to catch him. He is pretty friendly overall. One of the things I do, now that he is a little older, is that I don't go to the butt when I approach him. No more butt scratches. I go to the wither, and slide my arm around him and give him chest scratches with one hand and neck/wither scratches with the other- which he loves. Then I slide the nose piece over his nose and quietly do it up. The second try he stood quietly for the process.
Here is how the session went:


I was watchful to make sure the rope didn't slide onto his eye; I have to adjust the knots that go down to the throatlatch a bit lower.
I like to do a photo shoot at 3 weeks, and he didn't disappoint. 


On with the show!


Swapping directions like a pro!


He's gonna have some reach in his spins!!!


Muscling up and look at that lovely head and neck.


And that booty! 'Nuff said!


Good thing his mama loves him.

Speaking of mama, today she got to go back under saddle. She seemed happy to have something to do. I will be riding her regularly as Shayla has someone coming to look at her; one of the ladies who was interested in her from the first time I put her up for sale. She will be here on the 22nd and wants to take a light ride on her. 

6 comments:

Linda said...

Looks like Rosalee is ready to go! And that's with a needy little boy following her all around. He is a character, that's for sure! Couldn't be better looking. I'm looking forward to Friday's road trip!

aurora said...

Love watching you work with the little ones! Super awesome photos, you got sooo many special ones!! I must have missed that Rosalee is back up for sale. I sure do hope she finds the right fit!

Shirley said...

Aurora- she didn't exactly come back up for sale. Shayla and I had traded Rosalee for Gussie, but before then when I was advertising her this lady was really interested but didn't want the foal (which she now regrets!!!) so she said if she was still available at weaning time to let her know. Well, she contacted me not long ago and said she was still really interested and if the sale (to Shayla) fell through to let her know. I contacted Shayla and she said that she would let this lady buy her, as it is a really good home and Shayla is in the middle of some life changes that it would be easier for her to have the cash than the horse. So- sometimes things happen the way they should! We will know for sure in a couple of weeks.

Far Side of Fifty said...

He is so darn cute! Hope things work out for Rosalie:)

Tracy - The Printable Pony said...

He’s just the cutest!

aurora said...

Yes, things do happen for a reason. Wishing the best for all concerned!